About Metro Paving Company, Inc. in St. Louis, Missouri
Meet Our Expert Team
James Sontheimer Sr.
Jim Sr. established Metro Paving Company in 1961 with the vision of building a company that the St. Louis metropolitan area could trust and depend on to do a quality job at a fair price. He also wanted this tradition to go on for many years to come.
He brought his sons into the business on a full-time basis after they got out of high school. He taught them every aspect needed to build a quality minded asphalt-paving company, starting on the job site and eventually moving into sales and management.
Today, Metro Paving is a second-generation family-owned company owned by all of his sons — Bruce, Jim Jr. and Marty. And they still have the same goal their father had — to always do a quality job at a fair price.
Over the years, the company has grown and is able do the larger commercial and industrial jobs. This would include patching, sealing or complete overlays of parking lots and subdivision streets. However, the company prides itself on the fact that we are still there for the homeowner and do residential driveways as well.
When you call the office to request a free estimate, your job will be handled by an owner of the company.
- Started full time in 1972
- Handles Commericial and Residential
Jim Sontheimer Jr.
- Started full time in 1975
- Handles Residential
- Started full time in 1982
- Handles Commercial and Industrial
- Started full time in 1976
- Job Foreman has more than 40+ years experience.
- Works with estimators and contractors in getting the job done efficiently
- Joined the Metro Paving Co team in August 2015 and Became office manager February 2016.